Working harder and trying to impress your boss with longer hours just isn’t enough. In today’s workplace, you must make a commitment to manage five workplace engagement activities that will determine your ultimate success.
- Cultivate high-trust relationships that matter
- Mentoring reveals your authentic commitment to the organization’s advancement
- Examine the culture and identify how you can best contribute to its maturity
- Expand your responsibilities beyond your internal duties
- Encourage your peers to do the same
In the end, the sustainability of your career and its advancement is heavily dependent upon how you can increase the value of the organization that you serve, at all times — not just your revenue contributions, but your impact beyond the bottom line. You must be the type of leader whose share of mind is focused on enhancing the value of workplace activities and how they can positively affect people and the wider community around you.
For more details on the five workplace engagement activities click here and read the rest of the article by Glenn Llopis