Along with longevity, people always expect good quality of life free from illnesses. As you know, a healthy lifestyle is the key for quality of life still people are unable to adhere with them. Dropouts are very commonly seen in exercise and diet program. In such a scenario eating daily fruits may seem a good option for keeping health better.
Health and nutritional experts always emphasize health benefits of fruits. Fruit, an enriched with energy, is a best gift bestow by nature as a way to health and fitness. Ample amount of varieties of delicious taste, and attractive color make fruit everyone’s favorite.
The most wonderful thing with fruits is that we can include them in variety of ways at different timings of a day. Fruit dish can be your morning breakfast or afternoon snack. Juice can be your drink to quench thirst and yummy smoothies… just don’t require specific time.
Health benefits of fruits
- Vitamins: Naturally packed with vitamin A, B-complex, C, E, and K. some of them stimulate immune system and fight against diseases.
While some vitamins are necessary for glowing skin, healthy hair, good vision, bone growth, heart health, nerves function and proper blood coagulation.
- Minerals: Storehouse of mineral such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, magnesium, sodium, copper, zinc, and selenium. These minerals are required for enzymatic reactions taking place inside the body.
- Antioxidants: Powerhouse of antioxidant known as anthocyanin, flavonoids and beta-carotene. These antioxidants act as anti-inflammatory agents and hence great help in prevention and control of cancer as well as chronic illnesses.
- Weight reduction: Enriched with both insoluble and soluble fiber and hence helpful in preventing constipation and also reducing and maintaining weight.
- Nutrients: Supply essential nutrients like carbohydrates, amino acids and fatty acids required for normal functioning of a human body.
- Abundance of water content help to avoid dehydration
- Compact with natural sugars
- Easy to digest- can have how much you like.
Right way to eat fruits
The right time of eating fruits is important to get the maximum benefits from it. Experts suggest that to optimize the health benefits, fruits must be eaten in a right way at correct time.
Always wash fruits thoroughly before eating to remove contaminants from skin.
- Right time of eating fruits:
Fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach preferably as a morning breakfast or afternoon snack.
To avoid bloating and gas eat fruit alone, as when taken with other foods, may slow down its movement in intestine and fruit gets mixed with acid produced during a digestive process. This spoils the fruit and creates gas or bloating like sensation.
On other hands, in empty stomach fruit moves faster in digestive tract and becomes more effective.
- Eating fruits in a natural raw state, as they are compact with vital nutrients and enzyme in such form.
Never cooked your fruits or heat your juice, you may be staving off nutrition from them.
- Health values of fruits are always better than juice so avoid drinking juices instead opt for raw whole fruit.
- Avoiding peel out of apple, papaya, and pear otherwise, you may lose fiber from fruits.
- Buying organic fruits to optimize health benefits and avoid contamination.
- Purchasing only fresh fruits, as canned or frozen fruits may contain preservatives. Similarly, if you want to drink juice enjoy purely fresh juice instead of preserved one.
Daily recommended dose of fruits
Daily recommended dose of fruits intake varies with age, sex and level of physical activity. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommends approximately,
- One cup- children
- One and half cups- teenagers
- Two cups of fruits- old age
1 cup of fruit or 100% fruit juice, or ½ cup of dried fruit can be considered as 1 cup.
Eating fruits is not quite a difficult job. You just need enthusiasm to eat fruits. Keep a bowl of cut fruits ready in your refrigerator and so when you want to eat you get ready material in hand.
Do seasonal shopping when you can get same fruits at the lowest cost.
Have a fruits everyday and stay healthy…